Since the leak happened on #1 green and the morning was relatively cool, I had hoped that the grass would recover from the leak. This past weekend, I determined that the grass was damaged enough to replace it with sod from the practice green.
Here is the leak. Unfortunately, it was right in the middle of the green, lined up with the fairway.
The leak a couple of days latter.
We used a sod cutter to run a strip right over the leak.
Sod is rolled up from the practice green and ready to be transferred to #1.
We are half done with laying the strip of new sod down. You can see the sand we put down under the sod to help level the new sod to the playing surface.
Almost done with the sod. We put sand down along the seams to fill and true the surface. This was then brushed into the turf.
Ready for play.
The sod strip three days latter. Slightly different fertility levels between the practice green and #1 green account for the difference in color. That will be rectified when we next fertilize.