I set about trying to find someone who would be willing and able to undertake this task. I contacted historic barn preservation groups and farmers. I called painting companies and general contractors. I either got no response or an estimate that was well into five figures. I did find one barn restoration expert. He looked at the barn and had many things he wanted to do, in addition to painting the barn. His cost estimate was not spectacularly high. All looked good for us to finally get the barn painted. When the city contacted him to get his tax information, he started complaining about the government regulations and refused to give any tax information for billing purposes. Another dead end.
Finally, the barn was in such a state that we could not ignore it anymore and the City Park Operations crew had to paint it. They rented a lift and bought 110 gallons of paint. The results were striking.
The barn in 2009
The barn today.
The first coat goes on the east side.
You can see the barn back in 2014.
From near #10 green in 2017.
This is a picture of one of the bat houses we mounted on the barn in 2012.
The south side (toward #17 tee) of the barn was worn the most.
I think this was taken in 2011.
The flag looks crooked due to the perspective of the camera. I hope.